26 Nov Toronto’s top builders that dominate the condo market
Toronto’s Top Builders that Dominate the Condo Market
Builder reputation and track record is the most important research you can do when buying condos in preconstruction. Tarion’s website is a great source to see if there are any claims against the builder. Some of the questions worth asking before investing are: How is the builder’s customer service? How did they complete their previous projects? What is their quality? Can you take a round of the neighbourhood to see their previous projects? Which were their previous successful projects?
Below you will find a comprehensive list of some of the top Toronto Condominium builders. Discover who’s building our city and their story.
The Daniels Corporation – Praised by buyers of all kinds, Daniels brings excellence to the condominium industry like no other. Their projects have a classic elegant taste rarely seen. Over the past two decades, The Daniels Corporation has evolved into one of Canada’s foremost developers with a reputation for quality and integrity that has been reflected in the wide range of residential communities they have created over the years.
Company founder and Chairman, CEO John Daniels has been a leader in the North American building industry for over 50 years. As Chairman of the Cadillac Fairview Development Corporation, John Daniels participated in the creation of Toronto landmarks such as the Eaton Centre and the Toronto-Dominion Centre. He was also a moving force behind the ‘New Town’ of Erin Mills, the largest master-planned community in North America, before founding The Daniels Corporation in 1982.
Condos by Daniels that are in preconstruction and available for sale in Toronto are:
- DuEast Condominiums located at Sumach St, Regent Park. Estimated year of completion 2020 (sales from $290,000s)
- Arc Condominiums located at Eglinton Ave W & Erin Mills Pkwy, Central Erin Mills. Estimated year of completion 2019 (sales from $307,900)
- Wesley Tower at Daniels City Centre located at City Centre Dr. Estimated year of completion 2020 (sales from $324,900)
- 2175 Keele Street Condos located at 2175 Keele St, York (sales are pending)
Condos under construction that are available for sale are:
- Daniels FirstHome Markham Sheppard located at 5131 Sheppard Ave E, Scarborough (sales from $290,000s)
- The Logan Residences located at 897 Queen St E, Leslieville (open for registration)
- The Wyatt located at Dundas St E & Sumach St, Regent Park. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $416,900)
Completed condos the builder has sold-out include Chicago Condominiums at City Centre, Cinema Tower at Entertainment District, and Daniels Erin Mills-West Tower at Central Erin Mills.
Tridel – The company that has given many homeowners satisfied smiles, Tridel always seems to come up on top year after year. With the help of a large experienced staff overseeing multiple projects at a time, Tridel is deeply committed to building the highest quality condominiums. The recipient of the 2007, 2008 and 2010 Builder of the Year Award from Tarion, the company has over the past seven decades worked hard to earn the reputation of Canada’s top builder of condominium communities. Till now, they have built more than 65,500 homes.
Condos by Tridel in preconstruction and available for sale or registration are:
- Auberge On The Park located at Eglinton Ave E & Leslie St, Sunnybrook-York Mills. Estimated the completion year 2022 (open for registration)
- Alto & Parkside at Atria located at Sheppard Ave E & Consumers Rd, Henry Farm. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $422,500)
- Aquabella located at Queens Quay E & Lower Sherbourne St, East Bayfront. Estimated completion year 2020 (sales from $852,000)
- Bianca located at 420 Dupont St, The Annex (sales from $740,000)
- Bianca Promenade located at Cordova Ave & Mabelle Ave, Etobicoke. Estimated completion year 2021 (sales from $320,000)
- Parfait At Atria located at Sheppard Ave E & Consumers Rd, Henry Farm (sales from $478,500)
- Selene located at Village Green Square, Scarborough. Estimated completion year 2020 (sales from $385,250)
- SQ2 at Alexandra Park located at Vanauley Street, Alexandra Park. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $743,000)
- Ten York located at 120 Harbour St, South Core. Estimated completion year 2019 (sales from $1,670,000)
- Via Bloor 2 located at 585 Bloor St E, Saint James Town. Estimated completion year 2021 (sales from $945,000)
- The Well located at 444 Front St W, Wellington Place (open for registration)
- West Village Phase 3 located at 10 Eva Rd, Etobicoke (open for registration)
- Sherwood located at 1900 Bayview Ave, North York. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $3,035,000)
- Via Bloor located at 575 Bloor St E, Saint James Town. Estimated completion year 2021 (sales from $946,000)
Some of the sold-out condos by the builder include 101 Erskine at Yonge and Eglinton, Accolade at Victoria Park Village, Aquavista at East Bayfront and Alter at Garden District.
Menkes Developments – A builder known to build high-end hotels and commercial buildings, Menkes has a class of its own. Menkes was founded over 50 years ago by Murray Menkes, a visionary, entrepreneur and businessman. He wanted to build single-family homes of outstanding quality and lasting value. Before long, he was building not just beautiful homes, but entire planned communities. Today, Menkes continues to raise the standard of quality and design, providing superior value to homeowners. Menkes creates luxury condominiums with outstanding amenities, elegant family homes that exude character and charm, and highly coveted offices and industrial spaces in prime locations.
Condos by Menkes in preconstruction and available for sale or registration are:
- Fleur Condos located at 60 Shuter St, Garden District. Estimated completion year 2020 (sales from $750,000)
- 95 Lake Shore Blvd Condos located at 95 Lake Shore Blvd E, South Core. Estimated the completion year 2022 (sales from high of $400,000s)
- 4800 Yonge Street located at 4800 Yonge St, North York (open for registration)
- in.DE Condos located at 219 Dundas St E, Garden District (open for registration)
- The Eglinton Condos located at 161 Eglinton Avenue East, Mount Pleasant West. Estimated completion year 2019 (sales from $699,900)
- 771 Yonge St Condos located at 771 Yonge St, Rosedale (sales are pending)
Some of the sold-out condos developed by Menkes Developments include 365 Church Condos at Garden District, 87 Peter at Entertainment District, Aria Condominiums at Henry Farm, and Four Seasons Toronto at Yorkville.
Great Gulf – Known for building fine quality homes, Great Gulf is an award-winning builder of homes and condos in Toronto. The company was founded in 1975 and is headquartered in Toronto. The subsidiaries of the company engage in real estate operation across North America. Great Gulf designs, constructs and sells luxury homes; high-rise condominiums and planned communities.
Condos by Great Gulf in preconstruction and open for sale or registration are:
- 357 King West located at 357 King St W, Entertainment District. Estimated the completion year 2022 (open for registration)
- Monde Condos located at 12 Bonnycastle Street, East Bayfront. Estimated the completion year 2018 (open for registration)
- 101 Spadina located at 101 Spadina Ave, Entertainment District (open for registration)
- 1515 Flagler Dr located at 1515 N Flagler Dr (open for registration)
- Highcliffe Riverfront Condos located at 304 Macleod Trail Southeast, Chinatown (open for registration)
- Home (Power + Adelaide) located at 48 Power St, Corktown. Estimated completion year 2020 (sales from $850,900)
- LTD Edition No. 2505 located at 2505 Turtle Creek Blvd, Oak Lawn (open for registration)
- Mirvish + Gehry Toronto located at King St W & Simcoe St, Entertainment District (open for registration)
- Twenty Lombard located at 20 Lombard Street, Saint Lawrence. Estimated completion year 2020 (sales from $538,990)
- 13000 4th Street NE located at 1300 4th Street NE, Ivy City (sales are pending)
- 1421 Yonge Street Condos located at 1421 Yonge St, Deer Park (sales are pending)
- Victory Silos Condos located at 351 Lake Shore Blvd E, Downtown Toronto (sales are pending)
Completed condo by Great Gulf available for sale is:
- Number One Bloor located at 1 Bloor St E, The Village (sales from $2,049,99)
Some of the sold-out completed condos by the builder include 8 Cumberland at Yorkville, Charlie at Entertainment District, HOT Condos at Churchill Meadows, and One Sherway Final Tower at Stonegate-Queensway.
Empire – Known for building spectacular condominiums and luxury homes, Empire has established a tradition of creating prestigious award-winning new homes, communities and amenities. This has earned them a reputation for outstanding customer service and attention to detail. The company received the President’s Award from the Ontario New Home Warranty Program for Outstanding Service and Achievement; the Ontario Community of the Year Award for its Wyndfield Community in Brantford, Ontario; and most recently, the Green Builder of the Year Award from both the HHHBA and BILD.
Condos by Empire in preconstruction available for registration or sale are:
- Eau Du Soleil located at Marine Parade Dr, Humber Bay. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $500,000)
- Empire Midtown located at Eglinton Ave E & Oakwood Ave, Five Points. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $674,990)
- Rain & Senses Condos located at Speers Rd & Kerr St, Central Oakville. Estimated completion year 2017 (sales from $379,990)
- 33 Avenue Road Condos located at 33 Avenue Road, Yorkville (sales are pending)
- Empire Maverick Condos located at 327 King St W, Entertainment District (open for registration)
- Empire Phoenix Condos located at 251 Manitoba St, Etobicoke (open for registration)
- TEN88 Condos located at 1088 Progress Ave, Scarborough (open for registration)
Some of the sold-out condos by Empire include Beyond The Sea and Star Tower at Humber Bay, C Condominiums at Yonge and Finch located at Willowdale West, and FLY Condos at Entertainment District.
Pinnacle – Pinnacle International is one of Canada’s leading builders of luxury condominium residences, hotels, and commercial developments. Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Pinnacle International has been involved in the development, design, construction and management of projects for over three decades.
Pinnacle’s portfolio includes landmark residences and hotels in Vancouver, such as The Pinnacle, Venus, Classico, The Ritz, The Sapphire, The Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle Hotel, as well as their expansive development in North Vancouver – The Pier. Pinnacle is the developer of The Whistler Pinnacle Hotel in Whistler, The Pinnacle Museum Tower in San Diego and Toronto, Bellagio on Bloor and Pinnacle Centre, a downtown waterfront community with over 1,800 residences.
Condos by Pinnacle in Toronto in preconstruction that are available for sale or registration are:
- Cypress at Pinnacle Etobicoke located at 5475 Dundas St W, Etobicoke. Estimated completion year 2020 (sales from $400,800)
- Perla Towers located at Watergarden Drive, Hurontario. Estimated completion year 2020 (sales from $361,900)
- Amber Condos located at Hurontario Street & Eglinton Avenue West, Hurontario. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $364,900)
- Cascade at the Pier located at Victory Ship Way, Lower Lonsdale. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $1,129,900)
- Pinnacle on The Park False Creek located at Ontario St & E 1st Ave, Olympic Village. Estimated completion year 2019 (sales from $646,900)
- Sorrento located at 8633 Capstan Way, West Camble. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $429,900)
- The Prestige Condos located at Pinnacle One Yonge located at 1 Yonge Street, South Core (open for registration)
Completed condo by the builder that is available for sale is:
- Trophy at the Pier located at 172 Victory Ship Way, Lower Lonsdale (sales from $1,280,000)
Some of the sold-out completed condos by Pinnacle include 33 Bay at Pinnacle Centre located at South Core, Crystal at Pinnacle Uptown at Hurontario, Pinnacle Grand Park at Mavis-Erindale, and Pinnacle Grand Park Phase 1 at South False Creek.
Lifetime – Lifetime understands what tomorrow’s condo buyers will need and package it in an irresistible way. For over three decades, Lifetime Developments has created thriving residential neighbourhoods and many successful commercial properties. Marked by architecture and design innovation, their condos speak of style and quality.
Condos by Lifetime in preconstruction are:
- Panda Condos located at 20 Edward St, Bay Street Corridor (sales from $377,900)
- 489 Wellington Street West located at 489 Wellington St W, Wellington Place (sales are pending)
- 500 Dupont Street located at 500 Dupont St, Seaton Village (sales are pending)
- King and Dufferin located at 1182 King Street West, West Queen West (sales are pending)
- Liberty Market Tower located at 171 E Liberty St, Liberty Village (sales are pending)
- Wynford Green located at 844 Don Mills Rd, North York (sales are pending)
Completed condo by Lifetime that is available for sale is:
- Bisha Hotel and Residences located at King St W & Blue Jays Way, Entertainment district (sales from $629,900)
Some completed condos that the developer sold-out includes Four Seasons Toronto at Yorkville, INDX Condos at Financial District, Karma Condos at Bay Street Corridor and Lumiere also at Bay Street Corridor.
Cityzen Development Group – Cityzen Development Group is a recognized builder of luxury residences in the GTA. They aim to create elegant urban lifestyle communities, featuring the most luxurious features and amenities. Award-winning design for absolute condos has fueled this developer to challenge many architectural designs.
Condos in preconstruction by the group are:
- D’or Condos located at Bathurst St & Centre St, Thornhill. Estimated the completion year 2020 (open for registration)
- Brookdale on Avenue Road located at Avenue Rd & Brookdale Ave, Ledbury Park. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $1,760,000)
- Garrison Point located at 30 Ordnance St, Liberty Village. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $644,900)
- 314 Davenport Condos located at 314 Davenport Rd, The Annex (sales are pending)
- 878 Yonge Street located at 878 Yonge St, Yorkville (sales are pending)
- Old Market Lane located at 177 Woodbridge Avenue, West Woodbridge (sales are pending)
Completed condo available for sale is:
- Pier 27 Condos located at 25 Queens Quay E, South Core. Completed in 2014 (sales from $979,000)
Some of the sold-out condos created by Citizen Development Group include Absolute World at Absolute Condominiums, Aria Condominiums at Henry Farm, Backstage at Saint Lawrence, and Ion Condos at Downsview.
Freed – This young company learned the ropes really fast, providing high-quality real estate products. Peter Freed is re-imagining the city with his own brand of design-based development, constantly driven by what he calls an “obsession” with each and every detail of the design and building process, literally from the ground up. He’s crafted a community of design-centric buildings, each with their own unique attitude. He’s turned Freed into a vertically and horizontally integrated progressive lifestyle company.
Condos by Freed in preconstruction that are available for sale are:
- 346 Davenport located at 346 Davenport Rd, The Annex. Estimated completion year 2019 (sales from $2,574,900)
- Art Shoppe Lofts + Condos located at 2131 Yonge Street, Mount Pleasant West. Estimated completion year 2019 (sales from $1,399,900)
- Sixty Colborne Condos located at Church St & Colborne St, Saint Lawrence. Estimated completion year 2017 (sales from $1,499,900)
- Touchstone on Lake Muskoka located at 1869 Muskoka District Road 118 West. Estimated completion year 2017 (sales from $399,900)
- Galleria Mall Condos located at Dufferin St & Dupont St, Dovercourt Park (sales are pending)
- Grand Park Village located at 10 Audley St, Etobicoke (sales are pending)
Some of the sold-out condos developed by Freed include 150 Redpath Condos at Yonge and Eglinton, 500 Wellington West at Wellington Place and Fashion House also at Wellington Place.
Streetcar Developments – Beginning 2002, Streetcar Developments has created a name for itself in designing and developing stunning urban homes in Toronto. They specialize in giving a contemporary design to their structures, which includes loft condos, townhouses or live/work spaces. High ceilings, natural light, ample storage and modern high-quality finish is what you can expect from them.
Condos by Streetcar Developments in preconstruction that are open for sale or registration are:
- Riverside Square Phase 5 located at 677 Queen St E, South Riverdale. Estimated completion year 2021 (sales from $519,900)
- The South Condos located at 663 Kingston Road, The Beaches. Estimated completion year 2017 (sales from $1,0008,900)
Sold-out condos under construction include Riverside Square, Riverside Phase 2 and Riverside Phase 3 at South Riverdale; Sync Lofts at South Riverdale; The Carlaw at Leslieville; and The Carnaby at Beaconsfield.
Sold-out completed condos include 2 Gladstone and 8 Gladstone at Beaconsfield, Corktown District Lofthouse at Corktown, and Corktown District Phase II at Corktown.
Streetcar Developments offers low maintenance fees at competitive prices. If you are looking to own a property in an upcoming area that’s quickly developing, Streetcar properties can be worth considering.
Liberty Development Corporation – A leading developer of commercial, office and residential buildings in the Greater Toronto Area, the company stands 9th in the top 20 highrise builders in the last 10 years.[i] With 30 years experience in development, Liberty Development excels in creating housing of diverse styles – from high-rise condominiums to single-family homes.
Condo developments by Liberty Development currently in preconstruction are:
- Wish Condos located at 3015 Sheppard Ave E, Scarborough. Estimated completion year 2019 (sales from $268,900)
- Cosmos III located at Hwy 7 & Maplecrete Rd, Vaughan Corporate Centre. Expected completion year 2020 (sales start from $1,180,900)
Liberty Development has completed many diverse developments, including Centre Park Townes, Centro Square Condos, Cosmos Condos I & II, Eko and Legacy Park Condos, all of which have been sold-out.
Greenpark Homes – Greenpark Homes build a full range of new home designs from high-rise condominiums, singles and semis, and towns across the GTA. Since 1967, they have been chosen by 55,000 families.
Among their current condo developments are:
- Charisma Condominium located at Jane St and Rutherford Road, Vaughan. Estimated the completion year 2020 (sales start from $410,900)
- 250 Front Street East Condos located at 250 Front St E. Greenpark. It has yet to obtain an occupancy date. This 19-storeys structure is of mixed-use with one, two and three-bedroom homes and retail space of over 66,000 square feet.
Some of their previous condo developments include Allure Condos at Chaplin Estates, Axiom Condos Phase 1 and Phase 2 at Old Town, South Tower at the Upper Village at Wismer, The Residencies of Springside Place at Maple, and The Rosewood at Victoria Park Village.
Monarch Group – Mattamy Limited or simply Monarch creates quality homes of great design. Its high-rise condominiums in the Greater Toronto Area speak of great style and quality. Recognised for its quality, Monarch has received various accolades including the Consumers’ Choice Award and Ontario Home Builder of the Year Award.
Some of their high-rise condos include Quay West, Couture, Battery Park Condos, Twenty Gothic, Picasso on Richmond, Carrington Place, Yorkland at Herons Hill and Riva del Lago. Monarch is a reputable name in the industry and ranks 5th in the top 20 builders list in the last 10 years.[i]
Currently there are no condos by Monarch Group for sale, but if you wish to know the kind of developments they create, you can take a look at Couture The Condominiums located at The Village, Encore at Equinox at Scarborough City Centre, Garden Court Condos at Victoria manor-Jennings Gate, Lago Condos at Humber Bay, and Nautilus at Waterview also at Humber Bay.
Plaza – Creating high-quality condominiums since 1982, Plaza or Pure Plaza is among the top developers and builders in Toronto. They were the first ones to use granite counters and floors, halogen lighting, marble bathroom counters and floors, under-mount sinks as standard features in their homes. They are developing a lot many condos in the Toronto area and emerging neighbourhoods, and have previously completed many successful, beautifully constructed condos.
Known for quality and finesse, Plaza is currently building the following condominiums that are open for registration or sale:
- 170 Spadina located at 170 Spadina Ave, Alexandra Park (open for registration)
- 2452 Bloor Street West Condos located at 2452 Bloor St W, York (open for registration)
- King & Charlotte located at 400 King St W, Entertainment District (open for registration)
- Theatre District Tower located at Adelaide Street West & Widmer Street, Entertainment District (open for registration)
- Yonge & Finch located at 588 Yonge St, North York (open for registration)
- Plaza Midtown Condos located at 33 Holly St, Mount Pleasant West (sales from $567,000)
- Mississauga Square Condominiums located at Hurontario Street & Nahani Way, Hurontario (sales from $341,000)
- Plaza Midtown Condos located at 33 Holly St, Mount Pleasant West. Estimated completion year 2021 (sales from $567,000)
Exhibit Residencies located at The Annex completed in 2017 is also open for sale.
Some of the previously constructed condos by Plaza include Musée Condos at Adelaide Street West, 1 Yorkville at 1 Yorkville Avenue, Emerald Park at Yonge St & Poyntz Avenue, and Ivory on Adelaide at Adelaide St E.
Pemberton Group – With over 50 years of experience in developing residential and commercial buildings, Pemberton Group focuses on offering excellence in design and craftsmanship. Providing exceptional amenities and truly desirable features in their homes, Pemberton Group is a top builder in Toronto chosen by thousands of families. A few of its much-admired condominiums across the GTA include:
- BlueWater Condominiums at Lakeshore Rd W
- SkyCity Condos at Hwy 7 & Red Maple Rd
- U Condos at Bay Street & Saint Mary Street
- The Uptown Residencies at Bloor St W & Balmuto St
The Pemberton Group has also built many landmark offices, hotels and residencies across North America. Many of their developments in the preconstruction stage have already been sold-out. However, some of their developments currently in the preconstruction stage are open for registration. These are:
- 543 Richmond St Condos located at 543 Richmond St, Fashion District
- 9th & Main Condos + Towns located at York Regional Rd 69 & Main St, Stouffville
- ERA at Yonge Condos located at High Tech Rd, Langstaff
- GO.2 Condominiums located at Eagle Rock Way, Rural Vaughan. Estimated completion year 2020 (sales from $30,900)
- Social Condos located at 229 Church St, Garden District. Estimated completion year 2022 (sales from $409,000)
- Mills Square located at 4677 Glen Erin Dr, Central Erin Mills. Estimated completion year 2020 (sales from $330,000)
- 8 Elm Street located at 8 Elm St, Bay Street Corridor. Sales are pending.
Times Group – Times Group began with building custom homes in North York, Ontario in 1987. With its commitment to quality craftsmanship and professional service, this family-run business soon blossomed into a popular commercial company. Since then, they have extensively built in the lower Richmond Hill among other areas.
Having an experience of 25 years in real estate development in the GTA, Times Group differentiates itself by using an integrated planning process, giving great attention to detail and offering enduring value to its customers. The company has received many distinguished industry awards including the 2013 BILD Award for Green Builder of the Year for its green building philosophy.
Their condo developments currently in preconstruction and open for sale are:
- Pavila Towers Condominiums located at Hwy 7 & South Park Rd, Commerce Valley (Sales from $200,000)
- 1951 Yonge Street Condos located at 1951 Yonge St, Mount Pleasant West (open for registration)
- Riverview located at Birchmount Rd, Unionville (open for registration)
- Valleymede Towers located at Hwy 7 & Valley-made Dr, Doncrest. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $437,200)
Their recently completed condos are Eden Park Towers Phase 1 and Phase 2 at S Park Rd & Times Ave, and Key West Condos at Humber Bay.
Camrost Felcorp – Having built a reputation for excellence over its 40 years in the development industry, Camrost Felcorp is today a leading name in creating quality condos and commercial properties in the GTA. Each construction of theirs speaks of superior craftsmanship and unmatched quality. They have created over 60 buildings with 10,000 residencies, and over 2 million sq feet of office and retail space. Currently, they are created high-rises worth $1 billion.
Their condos in preconstruction and open for sale are:
- Blue Diamond at Imperial Village located at 101 Foxbar Rd, Deer Park. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $418,900)
- Cumberland Tower located at Avenue Rd & Cumberland St, Yorkville. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $1,208,800)
- The Foxbar at Imperial Village located at 101 Foxbar Rd, Deer Park. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $903,900)
- Yorkville Private Estates located at 200 Cumberland St, Yorkville. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $1,500,000)
- One O One Apartments located at 101 St Clair Ave W, Deer Park. Estimated the completion year 2017 (open for registration)
Lash Developments – Established far back in 1955, the Lash Group of Companies has built over 12 high-rise apartment complexes and other commercial and industrial spaces in the GTA. Working on the qualities of integrity, inspiration and craftsmanship, Lash is a family-run company that stands by its commitment to highest quality.
Condo preconstruction by Lash Group of Companies that are currently underway and open for purchase include:
- ME2 Condos located at Markham Rd & Ellesmere Rd, Scarborough. Estimated year of completion 2020 (sales from $390,990)
- ME3 located at 1151 Markham Rd, Scarborough (sales are pending).
The developer has sold-out their recently completed condos, including 500 St Clair Ave West, 530 St Clair Ave West, Cloud9 Condominiums and The Rushton Residencies. Some of their buildings in pre-construction stage are already sold-out. These are Distinction Condos at Mount Pleasant West, ME Living Condos at Markham Rd & Ellesmere Rd, and The Barrington Condos at Cedarvale.
Known for providing excellent customer service, Lash Developments offers you the opportunities to meet their team and keep you updated from buying to move-in stages. Their commitment to energy-saving and environmentally sustainable systems makes them use energy-efficient fixtures and equipment in their homes.
Lamb Developments – Founded in 2001 by Toronto’s top condominium broker Brad J., Lamb Development Corporation develops stylish, architecturally magnificent, urban condominium projects. When Mr. Lamb started Lamb Developments, he had 13 years of experience and had sold over 100 projects. Till now, he had developed over 17 completed projects, four projects are under construction and eight are in development stages.
Lamb collaborates with Toronto’s best modernist architectural firms – Core Architects and architects Alliance (aA) to provide the stunning architecture to his buildings. Some of the completed projects in Toronto by Lamb Developments are The King East, Theatre Park, King Charlotte and The Brant Park.
Condos by Lamb in preconstruction are:
- Bauhaus Condos located at 284 King St E, Old Town. Estimated the completion year 2021 (sales from $400,000’s)
- North located at 10160 106 Street Northwest, Downton Edmonton (open for registration)
- Television City Condos located at 163 Jackson St W, Durand. Estimated completion year 2022 (sales from $232,900)
- The Bread Company Condos located at 193 McCaul St, Grange Park (sales from $400,000s)
- 6th and Tenth Condos located at 10 Ave SW & 6 St SW, Connaught. Estimated completion year 2017 (sales from $265,900)
- East 55 Condos located at 53 Ontario Street, Old Town. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $523,900)
- James located at 440 Richmond Street West, Fashion District. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $442,900)
- Jasper House located at Jesper Avenue Northwest & 106 Street Northwest, Downtown Edmonton. Estimated completion year 2020 (sales from $291,900)
- SoBa Condos located at 203 Catherine St, Centretown. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $258,900)
- The Harlowe located at 618 Richmond Street West, Fashion District. Estimated completion year 2018 (sales from $552,900)
- The Orchard located at 624 12 Avenue Southeast, Victoria Park. Estimated completion year 2019 (sales from $277,900)
- Wellington House located at 422 Wellington St W, Wellington Place. Estimated completion year 2020 (sales from $678,900)
- Camden House located at 39 Brant St, Fashion District. Sales are pending.
The completed condo that is up for sale is:
- Gotham Ottawa located at Lyon St N & Gloucester St, Centretown. Completed 2015 (sales from $214,110)
Some of the previous condos completed by Lamb Development Corp. include East Lofts in Old Town, Flatiron Lofts in Leslieville, Glas Condominium at Entertainment District, and King Charlotte Condos also at Entertainment District.
Urban Capital – David and Mark, the founders of Urban Capital, started development with a 48-unit Camden Lofts in 1996. Since then, they have come a long way, creating over 3,500 urban condominiums. Another 1,000 are under construction and many others are in the pipeline with an investment of over $2 billion in development. Their work has progressed to include urban location, high-end yet functional design and green living. Their latest buildings use new architectural approaches, new interior features and layouts, and new environmental measures.
Urban Capital’s condos in preconstruction are:
- Queensway Park Condos located at 784 The Queensway, Etobicoke. Estimated year of completion is 2020 (sales from $324,900)
- Futura Condos located at 1050 Sheppard Avenue West (sales from the high of $300,000s)
- Gorsebrook Park located at 1034 Wellington St, South End. Estimated year of completion 2020 (sales from $251,900)
- Harris Square Condos located at Lower River Street, Canary District. Estimated year of completion 2019 (sales from $424,900)
- Kingsway by the River 2 located at 4210 Dundas St W, Etobicoke. Estimated year of completion 2020 (sales from $311,900)
- M City Condos Phase 2 located at 3960 Confederation Pkwy. Estimated year of completion 2021 (sales from $297,900)
- M City Condos Phase 3 located at 425 Webb Dr, Fairview (open for registration)
Their recently completed condos that have been sold-out include Boutique Condos at Entertainment District, Central at Bank and Gladstone at Centretown, and Central at Bank and Gladstone Phase 1 at Centretown.
Context – In 1997, Stephen Gross and Howard Cohen formed Context, a company that creates innovative, design-driven condominiums and communities in Toronto. Context focuses on the development of mixed-use projects, condominiums and affordable rental housing in Toronto’s central neighbourhoods. Context is backed by Waterloo Capital, a private investment fund controlled by Stephen Gross and Gerald Schwartz. The company has received various municipal, national and international awards for excellence, innovation and architecture.
Condo by Context that is presently in preconstruction and available for sale is Wynford Green located at 844 Don Mills Rd, North York. Some of their previous condo developments that have been sold-out include Library District at Fort York Blvd, Market Wharf at Saint Lawrence and The Yorkdale Condos at Lawrence Manor.
The Conservatory Group – Since the past 50 years, Conservatory Group has created impressive landmarks, transforming the cityscape of the GTA. Being one of Canada’s largest builders, they have sold more than 30,000 residencies. Some of the most sought-after addresses in which the company has developed residencies are Thornhill, North York, midtown, downtown and Mississauga. Along with high-rises, they have also created low-rise residential communities.
Condos by the Conservatory Group currently in preconstruction and open for registration and sale are:
- 150 Pearl St Condos located at 150 Pearl St, Entertainment District (open for registration)
- Cameo located at Eglinton Ave W & Mavis Rd, Hurontario (open for registration)
- Pearl Place Condos located at 19 Hollywood Ave, Willowdale East (open for registration)
- Ruby Condo located at 51 Drewry Ave, North York (open for registration)
- Water’s Edge at The Cove located at 2163 Lake Shore Blvd W, Humber Bay (open for registration)
- Grande Mirage located at Confederation Pkwy & Rathburn Rd W, Creditview. Estimated year of completion 2018 (sales from $379,900)
- 100 Edward Street located at 100 Edward St, Bay Street Corridor (sales are pending)
- Aspire Condominiums located at 355 Rathburn Road West, Creditview (sales are pending)
Two of their completed condos that are open for sale are:
- Infinity: The Final Phase located at 51 Lower Simcoe St, South Core (sales from $749,000)
- Milan Condominiums located at 825 Church St, Rosedale (sales from $689,900)
If you wish to see some of their completed condo projects, you may visit Altitude Condominiums at Scarborough City Centre, Cove by Waterways at Humber Bay, Infinity 3 at South Core and Mirage Condos at Creditview.
Cresford – Stylish, high-quality designs are the hallmark of Cresford. They give their constructions a stylish, inspirational look and feel with the help of renowned architects and interior design gurus from around the world. They strive to achieve the ultimate elegant living in their developments. Cresford has three complementary companies – Cresford Real Estate Corp for branding and marketing, Crespro for property management, and Cresbuild for construction of real estate properties.
Condos by Cresford in preconstruction and open for registration and sale are:
- The Clover on Yonge located at 595 Yonge Street, The Village. Estimated year of completion 2019 (open for registration)
- YSL Residencies located at 391 Yonge St, Garden District (open for registration)
- The Residencies of 33 Yorkville located at 33 Yorkville Ave, Yorkville. Estimated year of completion 2022 (sales from $429,900)
Their completed condos that have sold-out include 1000 Bay Condos at Bay Street Corridor, Casa at The Village, Casa 2 Condos at The Village, Casa 3 Condos at The Village, Halo Residencies on Yonge at Bay Street Corridor and Lofts 399 at Wellington Place.
Lanterra Developments – Founded by real estate visionaries Mark Mandelbaum and Barry Fenton 10 years back, Lanterra Developments builds urban condominiums that offer a fine balance of location, luxury and lifestyle. Their guiding philosophy includes putting Toronto on the global map as the new city of the future with sustainable green living and cutting-edge environmental technologies. Some of the operations of Lanterra Developments in the GTA include land acquisition, development, design, construction, rental management, marketing and support services.
Their condos presently in preconstruction are:
- Artists’ Alley located at 234 Simcoe Street, Grange Park. Estimated year of completion 2022 (open for registration)
- Residenze Palazzo at Treviso 3 located at Lawrence Ave W & Dufferin St, Lawrence Heights. Estimated year of completion 2017 (sales from $366,900)
- Rodeo Drive Condos located at O’Neill Rd, North York. Estimated year of completion 2020 (sales from $432,900)
- 609 Sherbourne St. located at 609 Sherbourne St, Saint James Town (sales pending)
Some of the completed condos the developer has sold-out are 22 Condominiums at The Village, Burano Condominiums at Bay Street Corridor, Ice Condominiums at South Core, and Neptune at Fort York.
Aspen Ridge Homes – Having over 25 years of experience in the industry, Aspen Ridge Homes distinguishes itself through their excellent craftsmanship, quality and customer care. They attach their core value to customer satisfaction. By judging what homeowners want, Aspen Ridge Homes delivers homes that are true living spaces for families. They build homes using technological innovation and traditional customer service, committing themselves to provide the best in design, construction and value.
Condos by Aspen Ridge Homes that are currently in preconstruction are:
- WEST Condos located at Tecumseth St, Niagara. Estimated year of completion 2020 (sales from $537,990)
- The Charles at Church located at 628 Church Street, The Village. Estimated year of completion 2021 (sales from $500,990)
- The Jack Condo located at 1331 Yonge St, Deer Park. Estimated year of completion 2018 (sales from $959,990)
Completed condos that are up for sale is:
- Studio 2 located at Richmond St W & Duncan St, Entertainment District. Completed in 2016 (sales from $1,320,990)
The completed condos Aspen Ridge Homes sold-out include 77 Charles West at Bay Street Corner, Scenic on Eglinton Tower 1, Tower 2 & Tower 3 at Leaside, Studio on Richmond at Entertainment District, and UNION Towns and Condos at Wismer.